Calling All Alums and Friends of the SU Comp. Sci. Department
Join us for CMPS Homecoming 2017: New Building Same Tradition to celebrate our move and help kickoff the 50th year with CMPS
Starting this Fall Semester, the Computer Science Department moved from TT Allain (The Basement) to the newly renovated Architecture Quad. Come celebrate with us as we host Homecoming activities to welcome Alumni, current students, faculty and staff to their new home.
Also, 50 years is right around the corner for the CMPS department. Join us as we kickoff this celebration in the new building with guest lectures for students, dynamic panels and a town hall with the Dean of Computer Science. We also will have an alumni strategy session to help plan for future 50th year celebration events.
Thursday, October 5th
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am: Registration and breakfast
- 9:30 am – 12:30 pm: Alumni Guest Lecturers (Volunteers needed)
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Career/Life Panels - Women in Tech, Career Paths in Tech (Volunteers needed)
- 3:45 pm – 4:30 pm: Building tour
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Alumni Federation Mixer
Friday, October 6th
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am: Registration
- 9:30 am – 11:00 am: CMPS Alumni Meeting (Endowment Discussion, Alumni Advisory Board, Alumni Federation)
- 11:00 am – 12:30 pm: Building Opening Ceremony
- 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm: CMPS Townhall (Dr. Khosravi will present strategy and direction)
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Alumni Mixer
Saturday, October 7th:
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: CMPS Tailgate (alumni and current students)
Don't hesitate! JOIN US in October to kickoff the 50th Anniversary Celebration!
**NOTE: If your company is interested in becoming a sponsor, of you are interested in volunteering for one of the panels or to be a guest lecturer, please reach out to the event organizers.**
Ready to start the fun? Share your memories!!
What did you enjoy most about being in the CMPS Department? #SUBRCMPS50
What's your favorite memory from being in TTAllain? #SUBRCMPS50 #NewBuildingWhoDis
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Julian Herbert - email@example.com
- Floyd Hodoh - firstname.lastname@example.org
What does my registration fee cover?
Registration fee covers your access to all events listed above (Thursday - Saturday), food/drinks for the panelists and guest lecturers, Happy Hour, breakfast for alumni meeting, lunch for town hall, and the tailgate. Each registration comes with an Official SUBR CMPS Alumni branded polo shirt and Homecoming 2017 t-shirt.
Is my Homecoming Game ticket included in the registration fee?
No, Homecoming Game tickets are not included in the registration fee and need to be purchased separately.
What's the refund policy?
No refunds will be given for registrations.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
If you are no longer able to attend, please contact the event organizers. If you ordered a Polo shirt, pickup (free) or shipping (small fee) arrangements can be made.
Can I also donate to CMPS?
Please include donations during your registration. These funds will be used to provide scholarships and development events (workshops, panels, etc) for current CMPS students.